Laboratory Teaching Stuff (Msc, PhD)Office:
Phone: 28310 77248
- 2013: PhD thesis from the Department of Classical Studies / Faculty of Letters / University of Crete, Titled: The Choreia in the classical period, focusing on Euripides’ work. Grade: Excellent.
- 2004: Master’s degree in Classics. Title of main Postgraduate thesis: Orchesis in Euripides. Grade: Excellent.
- 2011 ΟΕΠΕΚ: Training for the elaboration of research projects in high school.
- 2005-6: ΚΕTHΙ: Education in matters of gender equality in the context of the project “educational awareness and intervention programmes to promote gender equality».
- 2003-4: ΟΕΠΕΚ: Introductory training of secondary education teatchers.
- 1994: Bachelor in Classical Philology from the Faculty of Letters , University of Crete, Department of Classics.
Teaching and Research Experience
- 2015-2020: Supervisor of the teaching practicum at the Department of Philosophical and Social Studies , University of Crete.
- 2003-2004, 2018-19: Auxiliary Teaching of the Ancient Greek language to students of the Faculty of Letters , University of Crete.
- 2003-2015, 2018-2019: Teacher in Senior High School.
- 1999-2002: Auxiliary Teaching of the Ancient Greek language, Latin and Greek Litterature in Senior High School.
- 1994-2003: Private Tutorial Schools: Kyklos, (Heraklion), Methodos (Heraklion), Orosimo (Heraklion).
Person in Charge
- 2014: Coordinator of the Panhellenic exams in the Language Course.
- 2015: Coordinator of the Panhellenic exams in the Language Course.
- 2011-2013: Coordinator of Research Projects at 4ο Senior High School, Heraklion Crete.
ancient greek theatre, theatre and school
- March 2019: “Aeschylus Supplicants: The Moving of the Danaides from Egypt to Argos”, 15th International Congress on Graeco-Oriental and African Studies. To be published in the 14th volume of Graeco-Arabica by Herodotos Publishing House in Athens.
- September 2018: “The Effect of Nikos Kazantzakis on the Work of Lefteris Alexiou”, at the conference: “Nikos Kazantzakis and the Influence of his Work on Contemporary and Later Writers in Greece and Abroad. “.
- October 2017: “Teaching Practicum at Schools and Reflection”, at Annual 2017 CARN Conference, Reflecting on Action Research in an Unequal World: an Alternative Perspective towards Democracy.
- November 2017: «Teaching Practicum and the teaching of language courses in today’s school», In a scientific workshop organized by EFNH titled : The Philological courses in secondary education today .
- June 2016: «Practical Guidance of Students, Axes of observation of teachings and elaboration of a lesson plan». In the scientific meeting on the subject: Teaching Practicum at the Faculty of Letters of the University of Crete, Rethymnon.
- November 2015: “The Fall of Cities as an Object of Mourning from the Ancient Greek Litterature to the Folk Cretan Poetry” Published in the volume: “The Cretan Lamentations” (Memory of Sifi Kosoglou, Christos Makri and Odysseas Tsagarakis), pp. 437-451.
- April 2015: «Language Codes of Choreia in Sophocles’ Antigone», at the conference in memory of Emmanuel Kriaras «Language Codes in School Act », organized by the Association of Philologists of Rethymnon.
- September 2013: “The Union of Crete with Greece through Modern Greek Literature”, at the Art and Culture Scientific Conference of the Union Years, co-organized by the Department of Philosophy and Social Studies of the University of Crete and the Technological Educational Institute of Crete and the Region of Crete. In the volume: Art and Culture in the Years of the Union, ed. Psilaki E, Drakakis M. Heraklion 2016, pp. 215-224.
- September 2011: “Cretan Orchesis”. 11th International Cretaceous Conference . organized by the Historical Folklore Society of Rethymnon. Published in the Proceedings of the 11th International Cretaceous Conference. Rethymnon Historical Folklore Society. An extensive summary is posted on: http://docplayer.gr/3404653-11o-diethnes-kritologiko-synedrio.html
- September 2009: “Use Color in Your Subject” as part of the conference organized by the Heraklion School of Counselor Mrs Lena Tzethaki- Apostolaki, titled “Teaching ICT Literature Courses”, posted on: http://users.sch.gr/sfscholiki/files/mathimata/PERISINAKH-valte-xroma-sto-thema-sas.pdf
- April 2005: 3rd Meeting of Postgraduate Students, Department of Philology, University of Athens, “Choreuein in Euripides Works”, posted here